An LCD inverter board is a very important part in laptop computers and televisions. It is like a back light. It is designed to conveniently illuminate your LCD screen or monitors. But what will you do if suddenly, your laptop screen goes off and just wouldn't turn on? Is there any way you can fix it all by yourself? It is, after all, expensive to have it repaired by a technician. Don't you worry, read these detailed and easy steps on how to restore your LCD screen properly.
1. Buy the right kind of inverter board with a matching new cable. Check your manual so you can determine what type and model that you currently have. After acquiring it, remove the battery of your laptop and disconnect the power source.
2. On the edges, separate the LCD screen cover very carefully by using a flat-ended screwdriver. The first thing that you will see is the motherboard. There should be a cable attached to it. Detach the cable and put it aside first. Make sure you do not forget the ports from where you disconnected the cable.
3. You will notice rubber stoppers on the screen edges. Gently ease them out using the screwdriver. Then start loosening the screws that you will see once the rubber stoppers have been removed.
4. Remove the screen. You can now see the inverter board. You need to detach the board by first taking out the strip of tape that you will see that covers the screws. Then unscrew it from its bed.
5. Now that you have completely extracted the inverter board, get your new inverter board and place it gently on the bed. Carefully connect it with the screws.
Article Source: howtodothings.com