Computer Care Center Tech Forum

Computer Care Center Tech Forum (http://www.computercare.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Laptop Repair (http://www.computercare.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Troubleshoot for Laptop LCD screen was dark by backlight (http://www.computercare.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=4164)

bigfoot 12-04-2009 09:43 PM

Troubleshoot for Laptop LCD screen was dark by backlight

5 Attachment(s)
Please review below some common laptop failures that computercare.ca can repair for you. If you want have a look the picture, please get a free registration and login. thanks. [free] This tutorial would help you solve the problem to press power button and the laptop LCD went totally dark. I will explain how to find the failure reason for the dim LCD Screen of a laptop, but the tips are not aiming for some special brands or models, they should work for most laptops. After press on the power button, I took a closer look at the laptop LCD and find that the screen is not completely black. The laptop screen still works but the image is very dim. I was not sure if it was the inverter or the backlight has a problem. But the laptop works fine with an external monitor. [img=1] 2) Check all corners of the laptop display part for potential screws. In this Compaq Presario V2000 model, there are six of them, four screws at the upper line and two of them at the bottom. All of them are hiding beneath the rubber buttons. (Also check the sides of the display part for screws since the location of the screws vary from model to model. BE VERY CAREFUL. Make sure that you do not miss any screw, you could DAMAGE your laptop cover when you try to open it.) [img=2] 5). Once you've removed all of the bezel's securing screws, gently pull the bezel away from the LCD. At the bottom center of the LCD screen, carefully work your fingers between the bezel and the screen, and gently pull the bezel. Carefully work your way around the rest of the bezel, pulling it away from the rear plastic of the screen cover. Once the bezel is off, you'll see the LCD in its metal frame. On most notebooks, the inverter board is directly below the screen. DOUBLE CHECK that no more screws attach to the laptop, carefully insert the smallest Flathead screwdriver between the laptop LCD frame and the screen. If at any point the bezel doesn't pop free with a moderate amount of force, check to make sure you didn't overlook any screws. [img=3] 8). If the laptop LCD backlight lamp lighted up, Please order it and make sure the connector on it is similar to the connector on your LCD screen. before to do it please find the screws on both sides of the LCD. There will be 4-6 them and the two sides. There is usually a good gap in the casing, allowing easy access to these screws. Remove the connector, you can access them. There may also be some additional tape under the shield. so you can put it back on a new liquid crystal display. [img=4] 9). Sept9 removing the metal cover from the backlight LCD with the circuit board and screen base have been separated. Be careful, do not touch internal components with your fingers. Handle all internal components by the sides. Keep everything organized, because we want to put everything back the same way with a new backlight. Start removing the metal cover from the backlight lamp (CCFL).If you do something wrong you will permanently damage the LCD screen [img=5] 11). Step11 solder the 2 wire plug to a new one. Cabled on both sides of the backlight lamp are soldered to the backlight leads. if you don't know how to do this job of the solder and Unsolder, You can search for a Pre-Installed/soldered CCFL backlight, no soldering required from here to Step by step with 12 pictures click here :

Gladys 09-24-2011 03:20 PM

Thanks a lot for this awesome troubleshooting thread. I am having this same issue, I can see the image on the monitor, but it is very dim. I think the pictures you have posted would be extremely helpful in assisting me in opening it up to determine the cause. Maybe I will go ahead and give it a shot. I am considering just going ahead and buying a new laptop. Do you think this would be a good place to shop? 613-742-7233 Thank you.

wangjiming 04-06-2012 05:31 AM

mp3 to m4r converter

Thanks a lot for this awesome troubleshooting thread.

k007 02-02-2013 06:54 PM

Troubleshoot for Laptop LCD screen was dark by backlight

removing the metal cover from the backlight lamp (CCFL).If you do something wrong you will permanently damage the LCD screen [img=5] 11). Step11 solder the 2 wire plug to a new one. Cabled on both sides of the backlight lamp are soldered to the backlight leads. if you don't know how to do this job of the solder and Unsolder, You can search for a Pre-Installed/soldered CCFL backlight, no soldering required from here to Step by step with 12 pictures click here :

please take a look: thank you!

http://www.amazon.com/Computercares-Laptop-Repair-Workbook-